Friday, April 14, 2006

 

Booked

The last episode of Hustle’s just half an hour away, and it’s now only 22 hours and 50 minutes until Doctor Who begins. Woo hoo! However, I won’t be blogging about either until well into next week, as things are busy, not least because I’ve taken time out to blog in the last couple of days when there’s rather a lot of housework to be done (and tomorrow I’m out at Tenth Planet to get a DVD signed). Ironically, much of that involves finding a way to manage the humungous piles of books that have taken over the spare room. Well, pretty much every room, really. I should probably try to put them into some sort of order and find proper spaces for them this time, as the strategy of ‘stack them somewhere and they might go away’ doesn’t seem to be entirely successful. Anyway, that’s all going to take some time, so I’m going to get my head down for a few days.

Plus there’s the return of the most fantastic show in the world tomorrow night, which might be distracting, and all that chocolate to eat on Sunday (despite the amusing detail of my temporary filling choosing this week to disintegrate, making my mouth resemble a scale model of that scene at the end of Carry On Up the Khyber where the plaster caves in).

Happy Easter, and see you all next week, books permitting!

Comments:
Say hello to Lawrence Miles tomorrow!
 
I certainly shall! Should I pass on a message from you?

And having seen one on the screen and met the other a few times, I’ll even be able to avoid the faux pas of confusing Lawrence Miles (actor, famous for the phrase “Thank you, that’s what I wanted to know”) with Peter Miles (brilliant but erratic author, known as ‘Mad Petey’) ;-)
 
I'd forgotten the attribution of that line (I found it in an old fan video script I'd written and couldn't place it) until yesterday when, moments before he said it on screen, I suddenly remembered the source :-)

I watched Totally Doctor Who today to get the tastebuds flowing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?